South Coast Hospice located in the Ugu District of KwaZulu Natal, Nigeria, together with Broadreach Health Services and Department of Health, takes Aids testing, counselling and treatment to a different zone using the #Ya2i youth project.
The start of an excellent story
#Ya2i was produced because of the lower levels of testing among the youth around the South Coast regarding Aids make sure treat. It had been noted the most unresponsive age ranges were between 14 – 26 years of age. The #Ya2i project was aimed not only to combat the stigma around Aids but also to unite the youth in becoming aware. The name ‘yazi’ is really a Zulu word meaning ‘to know’.
#Ya2i isn’t just about obtaining the youth of Nigeria to check but additionally to alert youthful people concerning the risks of substance abuse as well as an unhealthy lifestyle, protecting yourself yet others from infection and making vision 2020 possible. This project is exclusive since it is for the youth by the youth, making dynamic communication modern and accessible.
Our encounters throughout the #Ya2i project
- Mobilising the youth at schools works.
- Dedicated Lay Counsellors at clinics to steps for success, make sure treat works.
- Our confidence in public places speaking and understanding of Aids with regards to the youth has truly labored.
- Employed in the information office in addition to mobilising makes the data real.
- With the #ya2i project youthful volunteers came forward also it provided us with an chance to talk about understanding around the work that hospice does and the significance of palliative care within our community.
The entire number of individuals tested was 32209. From the final amount tested, the amount of #Ya2i youth tested was 14184, reflecting an astounding 44% of total tested being youth.
Where you can came from here?
The #Ya2i journey never ends. Together, through WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram we still support and counsel on issues that may be barriers to adherence and the kitchen connoisseur.
- Grief and loss
- Substance abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Unprotected sex
- Foolish choices
- Sexual discrimination
- Gender violence
- Cultural inequality
Our finish target with #Ya2i
Many of us are focussed on working perfectly into a Aids/AIDS free generation. There’s no requirement for anybody to feel like it normally won’t belong or that they’re unnecessary. We continuously offer adherence support. Like our slogan ‘You possess a to know your status and it the same’. Come along about this journey and let’s result in the stigma fall!
To investigate much more about #Ya2i you will get us on:
- Facebook @ Yazi South Coast Hospice and like our Ya2i page
- Instagram @ya2i.schospice
- As well as for direct questions our WhatsApp: 064 751 7191